From Gabrielle, I have learnt and enjoyed the many weird and freaky things our world has. She stopped blogging (and I assume perhaps enjoyed her hiatus) but has now resumed (yay!) Quarguana, as I know her better as, enjoys writng (see the common link between my interviewees...*wiggles eyebrows*) and has kindly replied to my interview, especially when I asked her out of the blue.


Name: Gabrielle
Screen name: Heather
Blog Address: http://oddstuff-quarguana.blogspot.com


On Blogging


What does your screen name mean or stand for and why did you choose it?

I've a different screen name on my blog. Heather is my middle name, and it happens to be awesome. Quarguana is... Basically a word a made up when I was little.


Why did you start blogging?

Mostly because I was bored, and I wanted to see how long I could keep it up.


What do you aim to achieve through blogging?

Nothing much. Perhaps showing the rest of the universe a bit more weirdness.


Can you give a brief outline on what you blog about?

Anything awesome that I've discovered.


How do you think you would spend your time if you didn’t blog?

About the same way I spend time now.


Blogger/Blogspot or Live Journal?

Blogger.


Would you consider your blog similar to a personal diary? Why or why not?

No. I don't really record my day-to-day life.


If you were paid to blog, would you?

Yes.


Would you ever consider blogging professionally?

Not really.


On Writing


What genre do you usually write?

Fantasy.


Which do you prefer, long term or short term writing projects (i.e. a novel compared to a short
story)?

Short term, generally.


How and who do you base your characters on?

A good portion of my characters are simply ideas that grew personalities. The rest simply crystallized.


Can you give a brief synopsis on your current writing project?

I've currently got two. One is a short-short based on an old poem. I'm laying out culture, history, etc. for another, but I have very little idea where it might actually go, yet.



If you were asked to write using a pseudonym, would you?

Yes. My last name isn't the best. XD


If you were asked to write a certain number or so of books for a specific series, would you?

It would depend on the series.


Do you have any book recommendations?

The Imaginarium Geographica series, Skulduggery Pleasant, Trickster's Queen, the Discworld series, The Professor, and anything that Douglas Adams wrote.


How can those who are wanting to write but aren’t too great at English or don’t have ideas write? Can you share any tips?

Try writing outside your genre. Read some poetry. Read outside your genre. Sooner or later, some idea is going to come, hit you over the head, and demand for you to write it.


General Stuff(these are very random)

Are you reading any books lately?

Yes. I'm reading the Discworld series, by Terry Pratchett. All thirty or so books.


What is your favourite book/story/novel called?

Here, There Be Dragons


What is your all time favourite cartoon?

Unshelved


Do you like baked goods? If so, which ones?

Yes. Molasses cookies or ginger snaps.


Winter or Summer?

Whichever it currently isn't.


What piece of advice would you give on how to survive high school?

Ignore what other people think. Turn in your homework on time.


Glass half full or half empty?

To quote the master, "This is my glass? I don't think so. Mine was all the way full! And it was a bigger glass!"


If you went to a party, what would you do there, or if you stayed at home, what would you do instead?

At parties I tend to hang out with the guys, so I can avoid inevitable gossip fests. If I stayed home, I'd read.


Facebook, MySpace, Orkut, Blogger, Live Journal and the likes. What is your opinion on sharing your life online?

Well, I tend to forget to check most sites. It's not exactly top priority...


I love Mythbusters. Have you heard of them and do you watch/like it too?

Mythbusters is awesome beyond belief.


Chickens are extremely adorable creatures. What do you think about them(don’t mind offending me if you say they taste good, haha)?

They dislike me. I am possibly the only person in the universe who's been bitten by a chicken.


Kiki Strike kicks mega butt. Have you read the books?

Yes. They are beyond awesome.


Are my socks stripy enough?


Nowhere near.

0 comments:

The End. Scroll back up.